Monday, January 17, 2005

Random Bits on MLK's Birthday

Some day's I get so overwhelmed with anger at BushCo that I can barely think straight. A million fucking things to say and frustrated by no means to say them all. Under Bush, this country has become a shithole of absurdity.

I dare any inbred conservative cocksucker to tell me I don't love my country because I love it more than you psuedo-flag waving shitsacks. You don't love your country, you love a delluded little martinet out to destroy this country. The USA used to be a country that looked forward, to progress, to the justice and determination of all people. Conservatives look back, at an ideal, at a false picture, and pretend that's love of country.

Absurdity: call the Mississippi tax commission today (601-923-7000), you'll find that the office is closed " in observance of Robert E Lee's and Martin Luther King's birthdays." (via Wonkette)

I can't recall a holiday being named to commemorate Confederate generals but the pointy-headed racists in Mississippi deem R.E. Lee's birthday sufficient reason to close up shop.

Riverbend over at Baghdad Burning gives a frightening portent:
The weapons never existed. It's like having a loved one sentenced to death for a crime they didn't commit- having your country burned and bombed beyond recognition, almost. Then, after two years of grieving for the lost people, and mourning the lost sovereignty, we're told we were innocent of harboring those weapons. We were never a threat to America...

Congratulations Bush- we are a threat now.

And the shithead about to be innaugurated believes the election justifies his failure in Iraq:
President Bush said that the public's decision to reelect him was a ratification of his approach toward Iraq and that there was no reason to hold any administration officials accountable for mistakes or misjudgments in prewar planning or managing the violent aftermath.

"We had an accountability moment, and that's called the 2004 elections," Bush said in an interview with The Washington Post. "The American people listened to different assessments made about what was taking place in Iraq, and they looked at the two candidates, and chose me."

I love my country because I'm determined not to allow it to become a Kafka-esque joke. Under the leadership of a blood-thirsty punk, our country is becoming just that.

On Martin Luther King's birthday, I try to draw strength from King's determination. However, I keep thinking about Malcom X's determination: "By any means necessary."

|

<< Home