Monday, January 31, 2005

"Good" and "Bad"

Seems my mind has been on spiritual matters, lately, perhaps a function of my own life path. That's fine. I've always maintained that if there is a God (and that God was concerned in the affairs of every living thing), that God would not be so concerned with what someone believed than with how that person lived.

Being so spiritually inclined, I wanted to differentiate between "good" Christians and "bad" Christians. By bad Christians I mean the ugly, hate-filled, intolerant nitwits who have completely lost sight of Christ's message. There should be no confusion as to whom I refer.

These posts (past and future) aren't meant to be a blanket indictment of Christianity, just the noisy minority who have chosen to pervert Christ's message for their own narrow-minded, hateful agenda. They did it in the 60's in opposition to civil rights and the rhetoric is the same, today. Notice how familiar the arguments are - both then and now, the progressive tilt of civil rights (for blacks then and gays now) would "rend the social fabric" and destroy civilization as we know it. Same shit, different day.

I believe the majority of Christians are decent people who don't really believe the hate spewed by the Falwells and Dobsons; these are the people the Dems will win back.



|

<< Home