Wednesday, August 25, 2004

A Little Anecdotal High Five

A bunch of people in town last week for a run up Pikes Peak and the "Art Walk". One of the downsides of being a Manitoid is dealing with the tourists; the upside, of course, is meeting people from all over.

I just happened to be out front, reading, when a couple of tourist's pulled up to park, a couple from Arizona. The guy happened to see my Kerry stickers and signs and commented how he had not seen a single Bush sticker in town.

"Yeah," I replied, "And you probably won't... not in this town, at least."

He laughed, "I ought to consider moving here."

He then went on to tell me that he was from a retirement community in Arizona and was one of four Democrats there... out of a few hundred residents. However, he did say that quite a few ("almost all" in his words) of the Republicans he's talked to are saying they won't be voting for Bush. Not supporting Kerry, mind you, but definitely not supporting Bush.

It's not the first time I've heard that. A lot of disaffected Republicans out there, it seems, pissed off about the war, the defecit, the tax cuts, the environment...

Shit's getting weird and I think it's a good weird.

|

<< Home